Monday, November 2, 2015

October



This is one is heavy Majical Cloudz inspired, I wanted minimal and vulnerable. What I actually achieved I don’t know. I don’t think I can sing well enough for how I want it. I like it though, but I can just glaze over stuff sometimes. The root of this one came when I was imagining playing guitars with someone and what I would play and sing. I scraped the guitar pretty early, I didn’t even record one when I set at this song. I was thinking of people I used to know, which I guess is a topic I dwell on a lot when I’m in a melancholy state I ran from Emily to Rudy and J bag. I had a reference to a Kilgore Trout quote from Breakfast of Champions and the lost highway movie which used to be important to me.


I see you
I want you, to know
I love you
I loved you
When we were friends
But distance changed us
Time called us strangers
I remember when, It was different


It's all like the ocean  
It's all like cellophane
We were trying to forget
that we ever had brains
You were my best friend
I should have let go by now
But I still hold in my mind
The time we shared


Along a lost highway
I thought of when we saw birds flying down
You said it was the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen
We were at an age when we still said such things


it's feels so long
Since I've seen you
Since I've heard you
I still write to your ghost
See distance changed us
And Time called us strangers
I don't know what we had
I don't want to talk anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment