Sunday, February 14, 2016

Gutterspeak

I made a song with my friend Wes (@FilthyZinester). It turned out pretty fun, took this week. It's based on the image that Wes created and he did the little poem part. I wanted to do a more bad ass guitar solo, but I am still not capable of it I guess. I am having major guitar envy, probably because of all the Ty Segall I've been listening to. That's a goal for now, research and practice guitar solos.

Regarding the other projects I am working on Growing Old. Which is a song that I recorded in 2009 that I found. I am trying to brush it up and round it out. It's coming in pretty short, but I think that's better than dragging out to much. I guess the song is about missing dead people, that's what stuck out to me when I found it. That and the slow guitar lead in the chorus which I am trying to recreate.

Dream of her touch is another old one I'm working on, The guitar is pretty good I think. I like the verse and chorus and am working on a bridge part, and getting it organized. I don't like the drum part and want to get some synth's going. I feel it needs to get a little spacey for a bit.

Last one that's getting anywhere is a redo on the Hypnotic song. I sped it up and fleshed it out, I still need to add a bass synth or something to fill in the low end and provide movement in the verse's. Then I was singing some C- Autre Nu Vuet garbage.


No comments:

Post a Comment